Thursday, January 21, 2010

Two weeks old







So I took my dear sweet Mother to the airport Wednesday night and I am now a full time Mother of four children. First of all I would like to tell you all how unreal my Mom is. She pretty much didn't let me lift a finger the entire two weeks she was here. I can count on one hand how many times I have changed a diaper or burped my little Molly since she was born. Merr-bear was on it from day one. She left me with a completely clean house, dishes done, laundry? What laundry? Bathrooms scrubbed, floors mopped, kitchen stocked, storage room completely reorganized. I could go on and on, the woman is a machine. For any of you who know her, it's no surprise. What a woman! I only hope to be more like her someday. To you Mama, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, I love you!
Anyway, so like I said, I'm on my own now. Nate is working a lot the next couple days, so we'll see if I can survive! So far, so good. I really can't complain, I have about the nicest baby there ever was! She is so calm and sleeps like a gem at night. It has made recovering from a c-section much more doable. All the kids really like her so that's another plus. And so far Olivia doesn't seem at all jealous which was a concern. She does like to be a little Mama to her though. She is all over that pacifier like it is her job. If Molly makes so much as a peep, she is there to shove the paci in. She also refers to her as my little sister, which is pretty darling too. We are now a family of six, that is insane! But I'm sure we'll get used to it!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely adorable. I love all her hair...I couldn't agree more about Mom's that is always the case at my house too when my mom comes. They are the best!

Holbrook Girls said...

Wow, your Mom is unbelievable. How nice she could stay for two weeks. Molly looks a lot like Marcus in the first picture. She is beautiful!

Mandy Gardner said...

Molly is so beautiful!!! I can't believe all of her hair. I'm so glad that you are doing good- my baby is 7 months and I still don't feel like I have recovered-ha!!! Having a family of 6 is the BEST!!! CRAZY, but AWESOME! Good luck with everything-wish we could see you guys more!

LINSY said...

oh Mandy, baby Molly is beautiful! your whole family is beautiful! congratulations! she is just precious!