Wednesday, May 28, 2008
No tornado damage here, thankfully.
So I just wanted to post and say that we are fine after the tornado devastated a lot of the little town that we live in. It touched down about 3 miles from our house and destroyed entire neighborhoods and businesses. The destruction was pretty unreal to see in person. To see half of a house missing and people's possessions strewn all over everywhere was pretty humbling. We are really grateful to have not had any damage to our property. But the volunteering efforts have been overwhelming and they have even had to turn people away because there is so much outpouring of support. It has been really cool to watch this little town pull together to get it all cleaned up. It has only been six days, but it is well on it's way. I couldn't believe the phone calls and emails, it's nice to know I have friends and family who care. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I'm so glad to hear you guys are okay. When I heard the tornado hit Windsor I about died. Three miles is so close to you. Thanks for the update. Miss you guys.
Holy Cow, I had no idea that you had even tornados in your area. I'm glad to hear you guys are okay though. The only news I had heard this week is that over 1,600 tornados were reported throughout the united states just in the past 2-3 weeks alone. Keep the updates and pictures coming okay!
So, I didn't even know about that! Shows you how much of the news I watch. I'm glad to hear you guys are o.k. Scary.
I had know idea! I am so glad you guys are ok.
ok so i've been so out of it with this move that I had no idea your lives were in danger, crap. But now that I know the intensity of the situation I wanted to tell you I'm so happy things are good!! Next natural disaster i'll try to be more on top of things :) But I love ya and hope all is well and you and your town are in my prayers!! P.S. exactly where in Colorado are you? Tim has a conference there and if it's close to you I want to come visit!!
Hey Mandy! I saw your link on Cathie's, so I had to check in! I can't believe how big Wyatt and Marcus are! And how lucky you are to have a little girl! :)
Hey Mandy and fam, this is Saundra Nye-remember me? Ha ha, just kidding. I always look at your blog and think your pictures are so cute, but I never comment, so I thought I would. Glad you guys are safe from tornado damage. You have way cute kids and Livie always looks so cute and girly. I love the picture you posted of Nate holding her. It is so precious! Hope you guys are doing great!--Saundra
Wow, I am so glad that you are all safe. It's crazy to think that you were that close to that kind of destruction!
Post a Comment