Friday, March 14, 2008

Ode to Corolla



Today is a bitter-sweet day, we sold the corolla this afternoon. It just took me back to all the good times we've had, and all the great places it's taken us! I've had it since I was a junior in HS. It's spent many a weekend night dragging main in Rexburg, it drove me everyday to High school, and then to beauty school. It drove Nate and I home from the temple on our wedding day. It drove two of my children home from the hospital after their births. It drove all over the hills of San Francisco during dental school(and cost us a couple of clutches in the meantime). It drove Nate the dentist to work everyday for over a year. And now, after a good long run, and after 210,000 miles we say goodbye! It was actually really sad, can you tell?
























So I guess now it's out with the old and in with the new. Nate finally got a car that his dental assistants won't make fun of him for. He's been pretty chipper since he got his Audi S4 a few weeks ago.

6 comments:

Monika said...

OOOH! I love the new car!!!

Poor Pam! It is so hard to find someone to trust with your hair! It is too bad you guys live so far away!

By the way, you look fantastic!

Holbrook Girls said...

Oh I miss the corolla too, but Nate's replacement is way better !!!

Anonymous said...

So funny. I love all the pictures through the years! You forgot the ones where someone broke the back window in your car- twice:) way to go nate, I'm glad his assistant can no longer tease him...

Racheal said...

Now that's what I call an upgrade!!!! It looks pretty sweet...Congrats Nate, you deserve it!

The Petrini Post said...

Very, very nice! It is sad to see your first car go, but It looks like you'll get over that soone enough. :)

The Lord Family said...

I can't believe the Corolla is gone! Brian would love to get rid of our Contour for one of those Audis!