Monday, March 16, 2009

Good times in Cancun!

So we just got back from our trip to Cancun with all of Nate's brothers and their wives. It was so much fun!! I'm still having Cancun with drawls! (Wendell, Juliet, Dave, Pam, me, Nate, Ashley and Owen)



We got to go zip lining in the jungle with Owen and Ashley, it was the highlight of our trip! There was around 2 miles of zip line and it took almost an hour to do them all. It was super fun and they let us try going upside down and flying like superman! Nate and Owen were convinced that the harness wasn't going to hold their weight, so they weren't too into the crazy stuff. But it was amazing!!

We went out to the ruins of Coba and Tulum. It was pretty fun, we got to climb to the top of the tallest temple at Coba. 
Here's me holding a shark (or what the claimed was a shark), it was super greasy and had no teeth, and to be honest, I'm still a little disturbed by the whole thing.

Here's me with a random street vendors baby. Ashley and I stopped to say how cute he was and she just handed him off to me. He was so cute, I was ready to bring him home with me. It made us miss our own babies at home! But luckily, they were all in good hands with their various Grandparents.

Here is all of us in the pool. It had one of those infinity edges, so it looked like it went straight into the ocean.  That was where we spent almost every night until late, hanging out in the pool and hot tub. There were some serious wrestling matches that went on, I guess that's what you get when you put the four Eames brothers in a pool together.

This was the view from our balcony. We stayed in a condo which was super fun, so we could hang out at night and play cards and stuff. It had a nice big kitchen and living room and everything we needed,  and we all had our own suites. It is definitely the way to go with a large group! So I know they say you shouldn't travel to Mexico right now, but for us, it went fine and we had amazing time! And really, I can't wait to go again!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! It's about time you updated your blog, even though the Christmas Eve pictures WERE cute:) How nice to get away and with all of Nate's family, that must have been quite an undertaking. You guys look great and we can't wait to see you! We're planning on coming through there the first week of June. I wish it was sooner...

Holbrook Girls said...

What a FUN trip. One of Nate's brothers looks exactly like him. I'm sure he hears that a lot.
I read Emily's post and wish I was coming to visit the first week of June too! So glad you updated your blog. You look fabulous and miss you tons!

Texas Jacksons said...

Fun!! You look fantastic Mandy! Super sexy mama!! I need a trip like that, mainly so I have a reason to lose all this baby weight. Oh, and tell sweet Nate that Bre said what's up.

Laura and Bryan said...

Way to bring your postings back to life with an awesome trip! How do you find such cute little dresses? I live in GC and I look like I wear things from Rexburg...well I do. Oh how I miss anywhere good to shop! Now post some more pics of Livy, it has been too long.

heidi said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you updated. What a fun trip!

LINSY said...

Mand! You look so adventurous/fabulous/stylish! I am jealous (I am in Portland in a lot of rain right now!) - that looks like an amazing trip!!! And the picts of your little ones are adorable!!!

MINDY and JARIN said...

Looks like you had tons of fun!!! I loved it when we went best trip ever. Your kids are so cute!!!!!

The Andersons said...

Channeling Angelina Jolie? Did you bring the little fellow back. Has the start of good hair... and I know how you're drawn to hairy babies!

the waites said...

What a fun trip! I love Cancun. I always beg Donna to go again. Seriously though how beautiful are you??? I wanna go on a getaway with you. Did you know we are moving like 2 seconds away from Carrie:) I cant wait. I love your kids, house and everything in between:)