Sunday, November 23, 2008

Loved, Loved, Loved the Clodplay concert!!!

Okay, can we talk about how much we loved this concert?! It was AMAZING!! I am still a little star struck I'll admit it. We had the greatest seats on the floor right on the isle. And yes, my new boyfriend Chris Martin and the rest of the band walked right down our isle!! Here's how it went down, the drummer was first and then the two guitar dudes, high five, high five, and then Chris. He looked straight at me and I reached out and touched his shoulder and my hand moved down his arm to his hand. And during this I proceeded to yell straight in his face, "I LOVE YOU CHRIS!!!" Yeah, like a star struck teenager at a Jonas Brothers concert. Like an idiot! Oh well, you can't help these things, it was like a reflex. He just stared at me during all of this, Nate said it was like a dear in the head lights, slightly glazed over, but I'm going to take what I can get! It was an amazing 3 seconds. I told Nate, I'll never wash this hand again! So anyway, needless to say, it made my top ten greatest things ever list! The concert was so awesome and they sang all the best songs, although they didn't sing my personal favorite "Shiver" from the parachutes album, it was still so awesome. If you ever have the chance to go to one of their concerts I highly recommend it! I am going to another one sometime for sure! It was the best!!! I would also like to add that my darling husband enjoyed the whole thing almost as much as I did, even after I professed my love to a stranger. What a guy!



Here's Chris walking down our isle just before I made my spectacle.


10 comments:

The Petrini Post said...

I LOVE coldplay too, and I'm so jealous! SO what did Nate think of your little "chris" episode? Mine would roll his eyes and call me crazy. :)

The Andersons said...

John says to tell you that they are worst band EVER! Seriously I don't get why coldplay is popular. Almost as bad as snow patrol.

heidi said...

That is so funny! I am glad that you had a great time. I have never been to a concert before and I don't think Jory would ever go for one.

heidi said...

Oh, and I think I left Madie's jeans and shirt there. Have you come across them?

Mandy Eames said...

Sarah, thanks for the complete DEBBIE -DOWNER comment. You can tell John to keep the negativity to himself next time, haters!

Holbrook Girls said...

Sounds like so much fun! I love how "star struck" you were. Too funny!

Anonymous said...

So I totally laughed out loud reading this... love it!! Uh, I have no idea how anyone can NOT like coldplay. snow patrol??? please. So glad you shared your experience with us:) I'll be working on my 'what to say when a famous person looks right at me' plan...

Holly said...

Mandy,
I still haven't stopped laughing out loud. That totally sounds like you and I can pitcure it one second at a time. I am sure that everyone has done something similar. Anyway email so we can chat.... when do you guys plan to be in utah or idaho again?

Holly

Staci Savage said...

Mandy! I found your blog on the Coombs' site! Wow--what a beautiful family you have!! It's great to see you all so happy! I'm so jealous of your Chris Martin experience. I'm a big fan. Happy holidays to your family!

pharen said...

That is so funny, and I love that picture of you with your arm up having a gay old time! Wish I could have been there!
Avery